WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

I am so pleased that you have stopped by for a visit. I hope you will enjoy reading my book reviews. If you would be interested in reviewing books on your own blog, check out the links for litfuse and Booksneeze.



Monday, March 14, 2011

What Is In My "To Be Read" Pile

At the moment, we are busy with the sale of Ivy Cottage. I look forward to having this behind us, and to getting back into my 'work in progress'. In the meantime, I am continuing with book reviews, but on a limited basis.

Here is what I am currently reading.






 


  • Lazarus Awakening by Joanna Weaver. This is a wonderful book. I am reading it slowly, absorbing the truth that is revealed, as well as the personal challenges presented by the author. Joanna's writing is amazing and unforgettable, and I will be giving a full review later this month, as part of a bloggers' book tour. Stay tuned!

  • I am looking forward to Mine is the Night, by renowned author, Liz Curtis Higgs. This continuation (and conclusion) of the story begun in Here Burns My Candle releases tomorrow! It is much anticipated by thousands of her fans. I can't wait to see how the story of Ruth and Boaz plays out in the Scottish Borders in 1746. Liz is already well known for her Scottish historical fiction through her Lowlands of Scotland series (Thorn in my Heart, Fair is the Rose, Whence Came a Prince, and Grace in Thine Eyes). In that series, Liz retells the stories of Jacob, Rachel, Leah, and Dinah, set in 18th century Galloway and Dumfries, as well as the Isle of Arran. A full review of Liz's latest will follow once I have read the book.

  • I am also anxious to read No Safe Haven by Kimberley and Kayla Woodhouse. This mother/daughter writing team base their book in Alaska.  This is the first of three in the series. The Woodhouse family is known to many through the program Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Kim has written about her family and their struggles with Kayla's very rare disease. It is called Welcome Home, Woodhouse Family. It is both heart-breaking and heart-warming, and will challenge you in your own struggles. A review will follow, of course!

I would love to hear what YOU are reading! Please leave a comment. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment