WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

I am so pleased that you have stopped by for a visit. I hope you will enjoy reading my book reviews. If you would be interested in reviewing books on your own blog, check out the links for litfuse and Booksneeze.



Wednesday, September 23, 2009

DAISIES DO TELL!


Do you remember plucking daisy petals?  I do!  "He loves me, he loves me not.." and so on.  If the end result was not to my liking, I tossed that daisy aside and picked another one.  This continued until at last, I had the one remaining petal that told me what I wanted to hear.

It is the desire of the human heart to be loved.  There was a cross-stitched picture which hung in our living room once which said, "To love and be loved is the greatest joy on earth."  If only someone would really love us, we would be happy, we muse.  But hopes are often dashed, and our 'love tank' is running on empty.We toss that 'daisy' aside, and reach for another.

But there is good news - GREAT news!  There is One Whose love for us is like no other, an unconditional, unfailing, stubborn love.  His name is Jesus.

When we think of daisy petals, and begin to pluck them from the flower, we can say from the bottom of our grateful hearts, "He loves me, He loves me, He loves me", and when we come to the end of the petals, we find that He loves us still.  And that is what I really needed to hear all along!

1 comment:

  1. Hey I love you too. Thanks again for going out of your way today. I'm assuming you didn't need a ride home. I was part way home before I remembered I had offered you a ride at one point.

    ReplyDelete