WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

I am so pleased that you have stopped by for a visit. I hope you will enjoy reading my book reviews. If you would be interested in reviewing books on your own blog, check out the links for litfuse and Booksneeze.



Saturday, December 31, 2011

A LASTING IMPRESSION byTamera Alexander - Book Review

A Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander is the first book in the Belmont Mansion series. It is the first book I've read by this author, and I must say I am enthralled. The story takes place in New Orleans and Tennessee in the 1860's post -civil war era. There is a depth of characterization which brings the story to life, and the word pictures of the author are incredibly detailed. The story itself is suspenseful, with surprises at every turn. I couldn't stop turning the pages, and was happy for the short chapters which bade me to keep reading.

Tamera had based her story around a theme, which is developed throughout. I found the scriptural elements very satisfying and personally challenging without being 'preachy'. I was happy to read this wonderful book, and look forward to the remaing two books in this series. I highly recommend this book.

Tamera Alexander is a best-selling novelist whose works have been awarded or nominated for various honors, including the Christy Award, The RITA Award, and the Carol Award. Tamera and her husband enjoy living in Tennessee, where they enjoy spending time with their two grown children.
 
"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

Visit Tamera's website http://www.tameraalexander.com/, follow her blog at http://www.tameraalexander.blogspot.com/ . Join her on facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment