WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

I am so pleased that you have stopped by for a visit. I hope you will enjoy reading my book reviews. If you would be interested in reviewing books on your own blog, check out the links for litfuse and Booksneeze.



Thursday, December 8, 2011

THE SHELTER OF GOD'S PROMISES by Sheila Walsh - Book Review



Having recently attended a Women of Faith event where Sheila Walsh spoke three times, I just knew I wanted to pick up a copy of her latest book, The Shelter of God's  Promises. I have just finished reading it, savouring every morsel of truth. Sheila has a lovely way of re-telling biblical stories in such a way that the reader learns something new and applicable to our lives. This book is no exception. Truth is combined with everyday stories and a dash of humour.

In The Shelter of God's Promises, "Sheila unveils the foundational promises of God that secure our lives during even the most difficult times." (Taken from cover flap)

Chapter titles include:

Promises, Promises/ I Need Something to Hold On To

Provision/ I Don't Have Enough

Peace/ I'm Afraid and Feel Alone

Confidence/ I Can't See God's Plan in This Pain

Love/ I Don't Believe That Anyone Could Really Love Me

Grace/ I Have Failed

Hope/ I'm Broken

Strength/ I Feel Things Are Crashing Around Me

More/ I Know There's Something Better

Home/ I Have a Future

The book also includes an in-depth Bible study, which is suitable for small groups or individual study.

Also available: A DVD-Based Study features ten, 25-30 minute sessions and bonus resources for promotion.



Sheila Walsh is a powerful communicator, Bible teacher, and best-selling author with more than 4 million books sold. A featured speaker with Women of Faith, Sheila has reached more than 3.5 million women. Sheila lives in Frisco, Texas with husband, Barry, son, Christian, and her two dogs, Belle and Tink.

Keep up with Sheila at SheilaWalsh.com, Twitter and Facebook.

Listen to a clip of Sheila's teaching at http://www.christianbook.com/

Sheila's book is published by Thomas Nelson Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment