WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

I am so pleased that you have stopped by for a visit. I hope you will enjoy reading my book reviews. If you would be interested in reviewing books on your own blog, check out the links for litfuse and Booksneeze.



Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Winter Beauty
 
I must admit, winter is not my favourite season. Dark, dreary days settle in, and winter seems to go on and on. I long for the first signs of Spring: flowers showing their heads above ground, the return of brighter weather.
 
I don't like the cold, the snow, the uncertainty of travel plans...I never liked winter as a child either.
 
I don't go outside unless absolutely necessary. It seems I cannot get warm enough in spite of layering. While others are enjoying winter sports, I am content to stay inside curled up with a good book.
 
This year, I have made a decision to change how I view winter. I will look for the beauty all around me.God made the four seasons, and I am choosing to enjoy His gifts with a thankful heart.
Brazil, near the Equator. I used to say we had two seasons, rainy and rainier. How good it was to have the changing seasons. From the bottom of my grateful heart, I am thankful for the variety of all God's works. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. (Psalm 150:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment